July 10, 2008

How to make 'Kimo-han(きも飯)'

Hey, you guys! Do you guys like eating? What kind of food do you all like? Japanese food? Korean food? Chinese food? French or Italian? Or American? There is a lot of different kind of foods in this world, and you guys want to eat them, don’t you? I’m guessing you’ve wanted to cook them at home. But we can’t make them easily, right? Well, today, I’m going to introduce an American cuisine which everybody can make easily at home. It’s easier than “Q■ 3 minutes cooking”. Are you ready to start??

First of all, you need ingredients. Don’t worry, you only need just 6 different ingredients to make this cuisine. Let’s take a look at them. Rice, milk, banana, raisins, cinnamon, and brown sugar. That’s all. Okay, next, you need to make preparations of the ingredients. Firstly, cook the rice, and cut the banana into round slices.

Okay, let’s take a look at how we do this. First, fill a bowl with the rice. Second, pour some milk on the bowl of rice. And then, add the bananas and raisins. Then sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top. If you want to you can also warm it up or eat it cold.

See? It’s pretty easy, isn’t it? Oh, by the way, it may be a little late, but the name of this cuisine is "きも飯". "きも飯" derives from 2 words in Japanese, "きもい" and "ご飯". In English, these words literally mean “disgusting rice”. The previous exchange students taught me this cuisine when they were here. One of them said, “It’s pretty easy and for Japanese it is きもいー!!!”

Anyway, making "きも飯" is a three-step process. First, you prepare the 6 ingredients; next, you make the preparations for the ingredients; and finally, you add the ingredients. You can make such a nice dish at home and this recipe can also be enjoyed anytime, anywhere. I’m pretty sure it will be hard for you to finish this on your first try, I mean, it was for me! However, please try it again and again, and you will be able to enjoy the taste and it might perhaps become your favorite food. You can make it, too! If you have forgot how to make it, whenever feel free to ask me anytime. I’ll teach you the way.

Thank you for reading!

[385 words]

2 comments:

Takashi Shimojyo said...

Hmm... I don't wanna eat it. haha.

Thank you for calling me. I absolutely fogot my student card!!!

dumpling said...

hey dude, hows it going??
wanna hang out......... well could you make it for me? huh?? :)hehe