March 5, 2008

March 5th Blog

Hello! How have you been?? I was in Beppu this past weekend with Brendan who is an exchange student. We went to a lot of onsen (hot springs) during the weekend. We went to kind of traditional hot springs, sand beach bath, and mud bath. We refreshed! hehe



We also went to Jigoku Meguri (The "Hell" Tour). There are 8 hells in Beppu, Umi Jigoku(Sea hell), Oniishi Bozu Jigoku(Oniishi Shaven Head Hell), Yama Jigoku(Mountain Hell), Kamado Jigoku, Oniyama Jigoku(Ogre Mountain Hell), Shiraike Jigoku(White Lake Hell), Chinoike Jigoku(Blood Lake Hell), and Tatsumaki Jigoku(Tornado Hell).

Umi Jigoku has a mystic and cool cobalt blue lake, so it's really beautiful but it's 98 C...
Oniishi Bozu Jigoku has mud lakes. Of course, it's also soooooo hot, 98C. I can't explain about this hell. Seeing is believing!! You should go there!!hehe
There are several kinds of animals in the Yama Jigoku. There are duck, peafowl, hippopotamus, elephant, flamingo, and llama. However, this place is kinda boring, I think, because there are just animals.
Kamado Jigoku has a statue of Orge. And it's like small town, this hell has 6 "cho-me(丁目)".
There are many crocodiles in Oniyama Jigoku. And we can see the feeding to them! I could see it luckily.hihi
Shiraike Jigoku has mysterious lake. The lake changes the color of boiled water occasionally in a year. It's sometimes blue, sometimes green, and sometimes purple!!
Chinoike Jigoku has red lake. Its color looks like blood, so it was named "Chinoike."
Tatsumaki Jigoku has geyser!! It looks like tornade!!

...Can I explain about those in Japanese?? humm.... It's hard to do that in English. I have to study English more! I have to know much more vocabulary!! I'll try to do that.

Haha, I'm little bit tired today. I'm gonna start new job tomorrow, so I gotta take a sleep.

Next post will be on Thursday(tomorrow).
See you tomorrow!!

(335 words)

No comments: