October 18, 2008

Dorm, such a nice place ever! ~Writing Essay: My favorite place~

Do you know a dorm for exchange students from KGU overseas?? If yes, you are nice, but even if you don't know it, it is okay! It is because I'm going to introduce about it this time. My favorite place is the dorm, so I can tell about it to you as much as I know. It is included good points and some kind of bad points. Are you ready to start? Alright, let's start!

First of all, let me introduce people living there. Right now, there are about 25 people in the dorm. And they came from the US, Canada, England, Australia, Thailand, South Korea, and Chinese. Some people live there for about 1 year, other people live there for about 6 mouths. It depends on each student. In almost every weekend, they hold a party to get drunk, or they go to downtown to get drunk as well. If I'm in a party with them drinking alcohol, I can speak English much better than now somehow, which is called "飲むゅニケーション" stands for "nomu(飲む)" and "communication".

Second, I'm going to talk about the reason why I go to the dorm. But before that, let me talk about my experience. It was last year's maybe May that I went there for the first time. One of the exchange students at that time forced me to come there in order to eat a cuisine, I mean his cooking. Even though I could really nice time with him at that time, but I was afraid of going there several times because I was not familiar with the exchange students and the dorm. But it's getting better and better, and I'm not afraid of going there any more. Now I'm going there to chill out, to talk with them, to drink, to learn English and Korean, and so on. When I talk with them in English, my English skills are getting better little by little even if I'm not drunk. There's a lot of opportunities to hang out with them. For example, if you are friends with any of them, you might be invited to somebody's birthday party, and you can be friends with other exchange students! That's why I go there.

Third, there are some events in the dorm. As I said right before above, for instance, some people hold a birthday party, what is more, welcome/farewell party, Halloween party, just getting drunk party, and so on are held. Every party is quite fun, one is kinda sad though. And we Japanese can invite them to a party outside of the dorm like downtown. We can hang out anytime we like with them It's depending on them though... However, there's one bad thing for exchange students and us visitors. It is the curfew which is till 0:00am. No one can break it, and if exchange students don't go back home, they are scolded by a caretaker of the dorm. It's soooo strict, isn't it? But it is the rule, so every visitor has to keep that as well.

As a conclusion, I've been having quite fun time with exchange students since I went there for the first time. And I keep going there whenever I can because I can learn many good things for me, can drink with them, and can be good friends with them! What is more, this is kind of origin place to start communicate with exchange students. If I didn't meet the man who forced me to go to the dorm, I don't write about the dorm. When I go there, I just feel like everything is going to be okay I don't know why. So why don't you go to the dorm? You don't know where it is? That's okay, just feel free to ask me. When you are there, everything is going to be alright!

[635 words]

No comments: