October 8, 2008

My favorite place is... what??

My favorite place is the dorm for exchange students. I often go there because there is so much fun place, even though there is a curfew... But it doesn't matter for me because I can spend much time with exchange students almost everyday.

Now about 30 people live in there in total now. They are from America, Canada, England, Australia, Korea, China, Vietnam, and Thailand. Everybody can learn their mother tongue in the dorm. In my case, I'm majoring in English so I can improve my English skills there. And I'm interested in Korean, so I can learn Korean.

In the dorm, as I said, people from 8 countries live there, which means, we can know their cultures. Most of people can speak Japanese, so we can talk about it in Japanese, and we can talk about it in English too. And sometimes, they cook me their ethnic foods. My favorite one is Korean food. Of course it's too spicy, but I can eat them up because I love spicy food!

I'm sure some people want to know English slang. Me too. If we go to the dorm, we can know some English slang, even f-words, swear words, and something like that. I've been learning slang from exchange students a lot. And slang makes us easy to communicate with people, I guess. Speaking of slang, Japanese can teach Japanese slang to exchange students. And also Japanese can teach district to them. It's totally fun!

I love the dorm!!
[245 words]

No comments: