November 16, 2008

Essay 2-4: My Community Life

Speaking of community, what community do you belong to now? There are many communities in the world. Even though I don't belong to any communities now, I can talk about my past community, which is Basketball club in high school. Actually it is the last choice that I can talk about this time and is the last community that I was in. This is the reason why I chose this community. So I will talk about 3 main points; about the club, things I learned, and friends.

First of all, let me talk about the club. I began to play basketball when I was a junior high school student, and I belonged to a basketball club. But on this essay, basketball club means not junior high's one, but high school one. I belonged to basketball club when I was in high school. The team was small, I mean not many people (about 15-20 people), and was not so strong. We had practice everyday, and the coach's policy was 'Quality is more important than quantity.', so every practice was really hard. Of course, when the coach got angry, we had extra practice menu. Even though we had hard training everyday, our best prize was the top 16 in our prefecture.

When I became a junior, I became a vice captain of the team. Unfortunately, the captain of the team who has a good personality was not so trusted somehow, so I had to do most of things instead of him, which made me strong. For example, I had to discipline people well, to help people when somebody has a problem, and to do almost everything like that. But I learned many things though the experience of it. Besides, I learned many things from the practice, which are importance of responsibility for sure, of not giving up, how to behave as a leader, and so on. Anyways, if I didn't be the vice captain of the club, I'm not the person at the present.

All of team mates are friends for sure, and I keep in touch with them. They are important friends for me because they
shared all joys and sorrows with me. In addition, I definitely couldn't work well as a vice captain without them. They often cheered up me when I was in a trouble, and they understood my feeling all the time. Therefore, I always believed myself and team mates, and enjoyed practice and games. By the way, I'm often said crazy and funny. I admit it, but it was them that people made me funny and crazy because they are also funny and crazy.

As a conclusion, belonged to the basketball club was such a nice experience for me. Actually, I hated almost every parctice menu, but I didn't give up because my friends were there. If basketball were a individual sport, I give up easily. Basketball is a team sport, that's why I didn't give up practice and games. Now I don't belong to any clubs and don't play basketball (actually I can play it if I want whenever and wherever), but I got precious thing instead of it, which is frinedship. Those are the true reason why I chose this community as a stuff in order to write this essay. I hope you have a good community life!

[549 words]

No comments: