December 21, 2008

BR 2-13: The Coldest Place on Earth

"The Coldest Place on Earth" is about a history of Robert Falcon Scott, who is an English man and went to the coldest place on earth. I don't know where is the coldest place on earth and I didn't know the history of him, so I chose this book. Have you ever been to place where colder than Kumamoto? I have never been to places like that. To me Kumamoto is the coldest place I've ever been. But of course there are many colder places than Kumamoto. Take Finland for example, it's much colder than Kumamoto and usually it's -10C to -20C in winter.

The main character, Scott, is the captain of his ship. They tried to go South Pole, in Antarctica but it's quite hard and dangerous. People can't go there easily, so Scott and his crew took there many ponies and dogs and they pulled sleigh in order to carry baggage. Surprisingly (or not really?), the temperature were sometimes -40C. Can you believe that?? It can be -40C!!! WTF... Anyways, now people can go there by transportation systems, but there's nothing like that at that time because it was 1910!!

I guess the coldest place is the Antarctica, and no one can live cuz there are no food and warm things. I don't wanna think of living there, even though I like cold place like Finland.

[226 words]

No comments: