June 16, 2008

BR 1-03: Days with Frog and Toad

I read 3 books on the past weekend, and this book is one of them, “Days with Frog and Toad”. The reason why I chose this book is that I like this series, and this is easy to read. This book contains 5 stories, and they are interesting. I like “TOMORROW” in the stories of this book.

One day, Frog came to Toad’s house, and “Drat!” he said. Toad’s house was really messy. But he didn’t want to clean up on the day, so he said “I will do it tomorrow.” Frog came into the house, and said “Your pants and jacket are lying on the floor. Your kitchen sink is filled up with dirty dishes. There’s dust on your chairs. Your windows and plants need scrubbing and watering.” But all answer of Toad was “Tomorrow.” He had many things to do tomorrow, so Frog said, “Tomorrow will be a very hard day for you.” Then Toad asked him, “If I pick up my pants and jacket right now, then I will not have to pick them up tomorrow, will I?” Frog said “No.” He picked them up, and put them in the closet. He asked Frog again about other things, and Frog answered “No”. Finally, the house became clean, and he felt better. Then he fell asleep.

I was empathized with Toad because I often say “tomorrow” like him. But it’s not good. I have to do that today, because if I did it today, I really don’t have to do that, you know. I will read this book sometime again, when I had time.

[264 words]

No comments: