June 15, 2008

Writing Essay 1-05: My Language Learning History -and to be continued...-

Today, I will introduce my language learning history. To me, learning other languages is really fun, even though it never easy. It is because that every language contains its own rule like grammar, words, and so on. However, learning other language brings me exciting things in my life. I will talk about languages which I am learning now and have learned.

My mother tongue is of course Japanese as you know. And at KGU, I'm learning 2 foreign languages now; English and Korean. And when I was a freshman at KGU, I was taking Spanish instead of Korean. Firstly, I'm going to tell about my Japanese. I've been using Japanese since I was a kid, so it is really important for me. I think Japanese people must be able to use it perfectly because we are Japanese people and we have been using it since we were born. However, people who can use Japanese language correctly are getting decreasing I guess. I'm one of them I guess. Therefore, I'm taking Japanese linguistics class now, and I'm trying to understand correct Japanese. But I noticed that I can't know that in the class, so I will try to read a newspaper everyday. And I'm forgetting Kanji little by little, so reading new paper is good for me.

Secondly, let's talk about English. Most of people started learning English for 6 years from Junior high school, but most of them can't speak English well...no, they don't use and like it. But I'm not like them. I love English so much now, I can't understand it perfectly though. I also started learning it from junior high school, and I hated it till the beginning of junior at high school. Yes, I changed. I found a basketball DVD, and then I felt like "I want to be like them! I want to speak like them!" It was my origin to start learning English. Fortunately, I could go to New Zealand as a school trip. I couldn't speak English well, but after the trip, I studied English hard. That's why I'm here, KGU. Now, to improve my English skills, I'm trying many things. I often watch NBA and listen to music for listening, mail with 2 pen pals for writing and reading, and often talk with friends in English whenever and wherever we can for speaking. And I think English is really good tool to communicate with people around the world, because English is spoken as first common language in the world.

Thirdly, let's talk about Korean. Korean is interesting language. The letter looks like cipher. I think, we can't read it without study. Hey, can you read this?? "안녕" This means "Hello/Good morning/Good evening/Good bye", and the pronunciation is "an nyong". It's interesting, isn't it? I began to study Korean last summer, and I decide to take Korean class this year. Why? Because I like Korea and Korean drama, and some of exchange students are also interested in Korean. I don't think that Korean is not so important language in the world, but I'm sure it will help me somewhere or sometime.

Fourthly, let's talk about Spanish! Do you know that Spanish is spoken as second common language in the world? Yes, it's true. Many people speak Spanish. This is one of the reasons why I took Spanish last year. I can't take Spanish class this year because of required subject, Reading. But I'm want to take the class next year if I can. Spanish is difficult language for me because it has male and female noun, verbs change the style to correspond each the person and number. But I didn't give up last year because I tried to understand it again and again, and then I could understand Spanish a little. I don't study it right now, but I will study it during coming summer vacation on my own.

Those above are my language histories. I've studied 4 languages, and I'll continue studying them. It is because I like learning other languages. Actually, I'm interested in Finnish because I have one Finnish pen pal. And she is interested in Japanese. This means we can teach and learn Japanese and Finnish each other. Anyway, what I want to say is that I'm really glad to enter this university and department, and I want you to be interested in any languages even if the language is going to be useless, because I think the challenge is important and it will bring you something good in the future.
[747 words]

10 comments:

Takashi Shimojyo said...

Hola!!!
You read news paper every day???
Oh~... I didn't know that.
I'm not good at Kanji...
Siesta.

chusong said...

Hey, dawg. I didn't do that! I will try to do that from now on!

BIGBOSS said...

you can speak 4 language, huh?
that's cool.
which one is best for you?

dumpling said...

Holaaaa! Yo dude!!!
i know... you can speak korean.. awwwlol
i envy you!
recently im interested in korean!
hehehe

mii said...

You learn many languages! Do you have a plan to travel to korea or Spain??

chusong said...

to bigboss:
I can't speak 4 languages... English is the best for me right now. And I wanna be able to speak Korean and Spanish in the future.

to dumpling:
I can't speak Korean. I just know some phrases and am learning Korean little by little.

to mii:
I don't have plan to go to Korea or Spain right now, but I wanna go there sometime. in 5 years if it's passible.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/tam_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://old-drugstore.net/]What is/are Zovirax Tablets?[/url]
What are acyclovir tablets or capsules?
ACYCLOVIR (Zovirax®) treats unerring types of viral infections, specifically herpes infections. Acyclovir
will not panacea herpes infections; it choice relieve the sores rejuvenate faster and expropriate to release the pain or discomfort.
Every once in a while acyclovir is postulated to help enjoin the infection from coming back. Acyclovir also treats shingles
and chickenpox infections. Generic acyclovir tablets and capsules are available.

What should I tell my health distress provider ahead I gain possession of this medicine?
They needfulness to recollect if you comprise any of these conditions:

•dehydration
•neurological disease
•kidney disease
•seizures (convulsions)
•an bizarre or allergic reaction to acyclovir, ganciclovir, valacyclovir, valganciclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
•in the pudding club or distressing to receive in the pudding club
•breast-feeding



[url=http://best-drugstore.aoaoaxxx.ru/][img]http://i079.radikal.ru/0910/b9/3f666eb40896.jpg[/img][/url]
























[url= ]free Zoviraxcheapest Zovirax generic [/url]
Zovirax vsZovirax taladafil cheap
[url= ]liquid Zoviraxcanada Zovirax [/url]
medicament Zovirax le moins cher du marcheZovirax levitra
[url= ]Zovirax midicamentimpotence drug Zovirax [/url]
Zovirax 20 mgZovirax vs vs levitra
[url= ]Zovirax dosageZovirax india [/url]
Zovirax free sampleZovirax samples
[url= ]Zovirax soft tabslilly Zovirax [/url]
Zovirax oralZovirax no sense of passion
[url= ]Zovirax india pharmacyZovirax on line [/url]
free samples of ZoviraxZovirax effetti
[url= ]versus Zoviraxwhere to buy Zovirax [/url]
cheapest ZoviraxZovirax and levitra
[url= ]Zovirax 10mgZovirax one day [/url]
overdosing on ZoviraxZovirax generico
[url= ]drugs Zoviraxonline drugs generic Zovirax overnight [/url]
Zovirax icos lillyZovirax news
[url= ]Zovirax reviewpurchase Zovirax Canada [/url]
purchase Zovirax CApurchase Zovirax Alberta

Anonymous said...

i truthfully adore your own posting type, very unique.
don't give up as well as keep posting simply because it simply just nicely to look through it.
looking forward to browse even more of your own web content, stunning day ;)

Anonymous said...

Understandably your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats afar to you send, choice look forward for more interrelated articles in a jiffy as its anecdote of my pet subject-matter to read.